Saturday, December 12, 2015

Planning My Portfolio

Portfolio Plan: Opening the Eyes of a Pusillanimous Dragonfly over Shallow Waters

 

Choosing the 5 contenders:

·         Approach writing as a process in composing formal and informal pieces
o   Splitting the workload
§  Creative Titles
§  Research
·         Packet
·         Bibliography
·         Ideas before hand
·         Presentation
o   Confidence
o   Responses
§  Looking at different perspectives of the same topic
§  Persuasion, arguments and debates
o   Trying it myself
§  Planning questions for interview
§  Notes on notebook
§  Thesis + key points
§  THIS RIGHT HERE!!
·         Effectively revise writing and give useful feedback in response to the writing of others, including (though not limited to) feedback on grammar (CP=8)
o   Brandon’s Papers
§  Example of paper
§  Explaining what is expected
·         Recognize a range of academic and nonacademic genres and conventions and use important academic conventions in writing (CP=9)
o   Research
§  Rhetorical appeals
§  Key Points used in writing
§  The differences of “academic conventions” used between different formality of pieces
·         Demonstrate knowledge of important rhetorical concepts such as audience, purpose and context, and apply these to the writing process
o   Tone
§  Formal vs Informal
o   Analysis
§  Observant eye
§  Key Points
·         Understand that rhetorical concepts operate in other academic disciplines
o   Sociology
§  How it correlates to my research
§  Analyzing characters for sociology report
§  Social Class and their disparity in behavior with the effect of money
o   Engineering
§  Writing the report
·         Focusing on key concepts
·         The flow of writing
·         Read critically a range of texts (CP=8)
o   Responses
o   Research
§  Resources
o   Music Lyrics
§  One X
o   Field of Study
§  The major analysis
·         Begin to go beyond an either/or debate on an issue or topic to a more complex rendering of perspectives
o   The music video analysis
o   THE 30 SECOND AD ANALYSIS OFCOURSE!!!!
o   My research
§  None of the resources answered the question, so the real question rose from my personal perspective and curiosity
·         Control voice, tone, style and other aspects of writing (CP=7)
o   Tone and style of my major essays vs Reponses
o   Research essay vs ad analysis
§  Different rhetorical tools
§  Different use of images
§  Grave vs trivial
Green (Easy to write about) = 4
Yellow (Could write about) = 4
Red (Can’t write about) = 0

Using a yellow weed: Based on confidence points, Point 3 wins with 9 CP points, and thus will turn green.

Dragonfly personification

-          Scared to show my true colors
-          Once I opened my eyes, I could see things people just don’t usually see when analyzing
o   Ultra-vision
-          My whole life, I was afraid to fly away from shallow water, in fear of drowning, but now I feel like I can cross oceans
-          I had the wings to fly, but never realized its strength
-          Realizing how to use the declarative knowledge that dwelled within my mind, and the explanation that laid beneath in my heart
-          Instead of hubris, I was lost and blind with false fear that I refused to open my eyes or leave the shallow water that dwelled beneath my trembling feet; a savior opened my eyes and taught me how to fly… and what it really means to be a dragonfly.

-          A dragonfly’s life is a short one, but this one shall not be forgotten. 

No comments:

Post a Comment